Saturday, September 25, 2010

Uncommonly Common

Definitely a  lengthily and intriguing piece, WATCH, LISTEN, and LEARN as the “Oracle of Omaha” and the “God of Hip Hop” sit and discuss their path to success and the art of giving.





Jay-Z And Warren Buffett On Success And Giving Back from StapleNews on Vimeo.



“The first rule is don't lose, and the second rule is never forget the first rule. It isn't so much having a lot of brilliant decisions; it's just not having some terrible ones.” – Warren Buffett
“One of the biggest things in business is to open yourself up for change. We don't have to change who we are, we have to change the way we go about it.” –Jay- Z

“There's a whole bunch of things I don't know a thing about. I just stay away from those. I stay within what I call my circle of competence. Tom Watson [IBM founder] said it best. He said, "I'm no genius, but I'm smart in spots, and I stay around those spots." – Warren Buffett 
You never forget those true things that you stick to, your basic things that make you successful...and for me, its that truth, finding the truth of the moment, of where I am at the time, not trying to cater to a certain demographic or being something I'm not, not driving the truck over a 10,000 lb. bridge. -Jay-z

Everything you earn is cumulative.  That doesn't mean that industries stay good forever, or businesses stay good forever, but in learning to think about business models...But if you've got the principles, if you know what makes a good business, if you know what makes a good manager, if you know what makes a good product, and you learn that in one business, there is some transference to other businesses...Knowing what to leave out is just as important as knowing what to focus on. -Warren Buffett


Finding the common in the uncommon. -LK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know.